FUNDR GLOBAL (UK) LIMITED (“fundr” “we” “us”) remains committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Most Recent Update Effective Date: 1st January 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Fundr may collect and process certain data provided by you upon the request of goods, services, or information from us. Such information includes the following:
- Information provided through online forms at www.fundr.org and www.fundrglobal.com
- Information provided through our mobile applications
- Contact information including your name, email address, postal address, home/mobile phone number, and financial details (bank/brokerage account numbers)
- Identifiers including your username, password, account number, birthday/birth date
- Preferences such as transaction history, favourites, and marketing preferences
- Information provided in written messages to us, such as email
- Website and order transaction details
- Information provided telephonically (this is recorded for our records)
- Information provided through surveys
By listing your company with us, you acknowledge that we may require certain information regarding your business including your company name, size, and type. We may also require personal data, such as a professional profile.
Like most websites, Fundr gathers certain information automatically, to be stored in log files. Such information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet Service Providers (ISP), browser type, referring pages, exit pages, operation system, date and time stamps, and clickstream data. This information is valuable for the analyzation of trends, site administration, tracking of users’ movements, and for the gathering of demographic data.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information collected from you in three ways:
- To ensure optimal website presentation for your satisfaction and for your computer’s functionality. This is in our best interests as a business.
- To pass on information regarding products, services, and business updates that may be of interest to you. This is the case for users who have given consent to be contacted in this regard.
- To adhere to our obligations, (i) legally and/or (ii) contractually between you and Fundr. The latter obligations involve us providing information (i.e. products and services) you have requested to be notified about.
If you are an existing Fundr customer, you agree that we may contact you telephonically, by email, by SMS, or via fax. We may do so to share information regarding similar products and services to what you have previously purchased. Unless you have provided us with consent, we will not contact you in this regard.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Fundr will never sell your personal data to any third-party. We will only share such information with third-parties in the manners outlined in this policy. While we do not share your data with our advertisers regarding identifiable individuals, we may share aggregate information with them about our users, such as how many women within a certain age group have clicked on their ad within a certain timeframe. We may further use aggregate information to assist our advertisers in reaching their outlined target market. E.g. Men under 40.
- We may share your data with any of our group members/subsidiaries – our holding company – along with its subsidiaries.
- We may disclose your personal data to third-parties for the following reasons:
- Should we buy or sell business assets, we may need to share your personal data to the interested seller/buyer. Should this be the case, we will notify you via email and/or share information on our website regarding any ownership changes/uses of your data/your choices regarding your data.
- Should Fundr, or its assets, be obtained by a third-party, your data may need to be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are legally obligated to share your personal data or have sufficient reason to believe we are legally obligated, we may do so. This may also apply should we need to protect our/your property, safety, or rights. The exchange of information with other companies/organizations to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk is also relevant in this regard.
- If you have applied to invest in a project through fundr.org or www.fundrglobal.com, or have already made an investment, we may disclose your personal data to the company that you have invested in/applied to.
- Your contact details may also be shared should you request a business plan or get in touch with a business through a pitch page.
- We may provide your data to our service providers/companies that provide us with their services to enhance our users’ experience. We may share this data to help us with our business activities including, but not limited to, order shipments, payment processing, and customer services. The companies we disclose your information to are only authorized to use your data as necessary to continue providing us with their services.
You have the legal right to access any information Fundr holds about you. We will take all reasonable measures to protect your privacy by verifying your identity before sharing copies of the personal information you have requested.
You have the right to request any and all of the following:
- Copies of the information we hold about you
- To correct/erase information
- To transfer information to other companies/organizations
- To stop or restrict the processing of your information
- Withdraw consent that was previously provided/requested to process information
While these are your rights, they may be restricted in certain circumstances. One such scenario includes us being able to prove that we are legally obligated to process your personal data. In certain cases, we may still be able to provide your data even if your consent is withdrawn.
Should we require information in order to comply with legal/contractual obligations, data provision would be mandatory. Failure to provide such information means we wouldn’t be able to comply with our obligations as a business.
In most other cases, information provision is optional.
Should you have further queries regarding the ways in which we process your personal data, or would like us to resolve any complaints you may have, please get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. However, you are also entitled to share your complaint directly with the relevant data protection authority.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
By visiting your “Member Account Settings” page on either of our websites, you may alter and/or delete any of your personal information. You may also opt out of newsletters/marketing emails by unsubscribing. Instructions for this task are available on both our websites. For more information regarding your rights, please email our customer support team at email@example.com, contact us telephonically or via post. All contact information is listed below.
DURATION OF INFORMATION RETAINMENT
Fundr may retain your personal data for however long your account remains active, or as required to continue providing you with our services. We may also hold and use your information to satisfy our legal obligations, to enforce our agreements, or to resolve any disputes that may arise. In certain scenarios, we may need to collect and process your financial information and retain it for up to seven (7) years as per the law.
Cookies, tags, scripts, and beacons are all technologies used by Fundr Limited and its partners. Such partners include our marketing affiliates, analytic service providers, and business process service providers. We may use the aforementioned technologies to analyse trends, administer our websites, and track our users’ movements on our sites. We may further obtain reports regarding the uses of these technologies.
Cookies are important for us to be able to estimate the size of our audience along with their usage patterns. We also require cookies to store information regarding your preferences and to tailor our websites according to your interests, expedite searches, and recognize you as a returning user. You can control our cookie use through your browser. Cookie rejection by a user means you may still use our website but access to certain features may be restricted.
AD PUBLISHING SERVICE
We further utilize an ad-publishing service to show third-party ads on our website. In an effort to display more advertisements that are of interest to you, a cookie will be set each time you view or click on an ad. Visit your tracking preference manager to opt out of using this cookie.
Flash /HTML, otherwise known as local storage objects, are utilized by Fundr. The third-parties we partner with to provide certain website features, including the display of advertising based on your web activity, use LSOs like Flash and HTML 5 to collect and store information. Certain browsers offer their own management tools should you wish to remove HTML5 LSOs, please vist our website to do so.
HOW WE STORE, SECURE, AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
We may collect your personal data and store it at, or transfer it to, anywhere inside/outside the EAA (European Economic Area). Staff who work for us inside/outside the EAA, including our staff engaged in order fulfilment, payment processing and service provision. may also process your information. Only those who need to manage your information will be granted access to it. If your data is transferred from the EEA to a nation that is not subject to an EU Commission adequacy decision, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected by (i) confirming that EU Commission-approved standard contractual clauses are in place (a privacy shield certification/vendor’s processor binding corporate rules) and (ii) turning to derogations such as contractual necessity. We can provide a copy of mechanisms upon request.
We care about keeping your personal data secure. When you enter sensitive information into our order forms, such as credit card details, we encrypt information transmission using SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer). Furthermore, we adhere to widely accepted standards to protect your data, both during the transmission and once we have received it for storage. Please note that no method of data transmission on the internet is 100% safe. We are unable to guarantee uncompromised security. We take all reasonable measures to keep your information safe by safely storing it on our secure servers. Should you choose to use an assigned/self-chosen password to access certain parts of our website, it is your responsibility to keep this password private and confidential. Never share your password with anyone. We cannot take responsibility for security breaches relating to password theft. Should you have any questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Blog & Discussions
The Fundr websites provide a blog and community discussion section which is accessible by the public. Any information you share on these forums may be read, collected, and utilized by anyone who views them. You may request removal of your personal information from our blog and community discussions forums by contacting email@example.com. Please note that there are certain situations whereby we may be unable to adhere to your request. If this is the case, we will let you know along with the reason why.
You may use our referral service to tell your contacts about our website. If you use this service, we may request your contact’s full name and contact details – mainly their email address. Please make sure you have consent from your contact to provide us with these details. To be able to send your contact a one-off email and further track the progress/success of our referral service, we may store your contact’s information.
By visiting and engaging with the Fundr websites, you acknowledge that you will be listed on our publicly-accessible directory of members. Should you wish to be removed from this directory, or have your information erased, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Party Website Links
Our website may contain links to/from our suppliers’ websites, as well as the websites of our advertisers, networks, affiliates, and our other third-party partners. Should you follow these links and engage with any of these third-party websites, note that the websites will be subject to their own respective privacy policies. We cannot take responsibility for your actions/data collection on these websites. Be sure to check each website’s privacy policies before performing any actions that require the disclosure of your personal information.
Any profile created by any member on our website will be publicly-accessible unless you request otherwise. You may use your account portal to adjust your privacy settings anytime.
Social Media Widgets
Various Social Media features have been integrated into our websites, including the Facebook “Like” and “Comment” buttons/segments. Such features may collect details such as which pages you visit on our websites and your IP address. These features may need to set a cookie to ensure proper functionality. Please note that interaction with these features may be governed by each company’s own privacy policies.
You may use other services/websites to log into our website, such as Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn. These external service providers will securely verify your identity and give you the option to share certain personal data with Fundr, like your name and email address. This action would automatically fill in our sign-in form. These websites, including LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook, may also provide you with the option to post details regarding your activities on our sites, linked to your profiles on the other platforms accordingly.
TEL: 0203 670 1231
Fundr Global (UK) Limited
One Canada Square
29th Floor, Canary Wharf
Data Protection Officer: Marc Fenwick
Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm